Score and performance of teams in January 2013
The provided information is based on the total score and the performance of teams during January 2013 in all formats of International cricket, and Twenty20 League cricket.
Unsuccessful Lowest Total:
- New Zealand made 45 runs in the first innings of 1st test against South Africa at Cape Town.
- Australia made total of 74 runs in the 3rd ODI against Sri Lanka at BCG.
- Pakistan bowled out on the total of 157 runs in 2nd innings in the 3rd ODI in chasing of 167 runs posted by India at Delhi.
- Australia made 137 runs against Sri Lanka in 1st T20 International at SCG.
- Sydney Thunder score 113 runs in first innings of T20 BBL 2 against Perth Scorchers at WACA.
- Khulna Royal Bengals all out on 89 runs in the 2nd innings at Chittagong in chasing a target of 123 runs against Rangpur Riders in the T20 BPL 2.
Successful Lowest Total:
- India made 167 runs in the 3rd ODI match against Pakistan at Delhi.
- Sri Lanka made 161 runs in 2nd T20I match against Australia at MCG.
- Duronto Rajshahi made 99 runs against Chittagoing Kings at Dhaka in T20 BPL season 2.
Unsuccessful Highest Total:
- New Zealand made 260 runs in 3rd ODI match against South Africa at Potshefstroom.
- Chittagong Kings made 172 runs against Sylhet Royals at Chittagong in the 2nd edition of BPL T20
- Australia made 137 runs in 1st Twenty20 International against Sri Lanka at SCG.
Successful Highest Total:
- South Africa scored 525 runs in first innings of 2nd test against New Zealand at Port Elizabeth.
- England made 325 runs in the 1st ODI against India at Rajkot cricket stadium.
- Duronto Rajshahi scored 213 runs against Barisal Burners at Chittagong in Bangladesh Premier League T20 season 2.
- Sri Lanka made 161 runs in 2nd T20I against Australia at MCG.
January 2013 presented four international tours along two T20 leagues that provided 3 test, 15 ODIs, 2 T20Is and 34 T20 matches. In 20 international matches of all formats, players completed 39 fifties, 12 centuries and 3 five wickets haul while only one match between Australia and Sri Lanka at SCG resulted without any winner due to rain.
Performance of Teams:
- South Africa played 3 ODIs and 2 Test matches. They won 2 tests and 1 ODI match.
- India played 7 ODIs matches, won 4 and lost 2.
- Sri Lanka played 1 test, 4 ODIs and 2 T201 matches. They won 2 ODIs, 2 T20Is and lost the test match.
The team of India was the best cricket team of January 2013. Although New Zealand, Australia, Dhaka Gladiators and Melbourne Renegades displayed some marvelous cricketing action too but the statistics of team India was far better than those who participated in the month of January.